Imagine a summer spent plunging into clear turquoise rivers, playing on hidden beaches, walking in wild flower-strewn cork forests, and tasting wine from boutique vineyards accompanied by the freshest seafood. In this explorer’s compendium you will discover the hidden treasures of Portugal’s better known tourist areas, as well as its incredible lesser-known coastal and mountain regions. Find magical places to stay and enjoy the very best local and artisan food. Experience the festas, village traditions and dramatic landscapes of this passionate country. Featuring stunning photography and engaging travel writing, this is the perfect book for families seeking new adventures off the beaten track, or those dreaming up the ultimate wild escape.
New from the award-winning Wild Guide series, with over 700 secret adventures, hidden places and wild escapes. Taking you to places no other guidebook reaches.
- Waterfalls, river pools and blue lagoons for wild swimming
- Secret beaches, sea caves, rock stacks and islands to canoe to
- Vineyards, restaurants, fresh seafood and local produce markets
- Campsites, farm stays and luxurious retreats
- Ancient forests and amazing wildlife
- Dramatic mountain and verdant valley walks
- Prehistoric art and ancient remains
- Colourful festas and country fairs
- Mountain villages and traditional crafts
- Historic castles, lost ruins and hilltop fortresses
Edwina Pitcher is a travel journalist, photographer and video blogger specialising in the conservation and legacy of Europe’s wilderness and wildlife. She has swum, walked, eaten and travelled extensively throughout Portugal, completing solo the 600km long pilgrim route from Lisbon to Santiago de Compostela. She lives in London and Lisbon.
The Wild Guide series was winner of the Travmedia Travel Guidebook of the Year 2015
Title: Wild Guide Portugal
Author: Edwina Pitcher
Publisher: Wild Things Publishing Ltd
Format: 256pp, 210mm x 170mm,
Publication: 3rd April 2017
Binding: Paperback with flaps
Illustrations: 300 photos, 25 maps
BIC Code: WTH, WTHA, 1DSP
Distribution: Central Books,
Digitial: also available for Iphone / Android App, Ebook & Satnav
CORRECTIONS: Please download the Ch16 Lisbon map corrected lr. This has been updated in books sold after December 2017.