About the book
The new compendium of adventures in southern and eastern England, from the best-selling Wild Guide series.
- Revealing over 1000 secret places, wild places, micro adventures and ideas for local food and natural places to stay.
- Including nationally popular areas such as the broads of Norfolk and Suffolk, the ancient forests of Sussex and Kent, idyllic Cotswolds and the New Forest
- Stunning photos, engaging travel writing and 30 maps
- Perfect for those seeking new adventures with the family, or dreaming up the ultimate romantic weekend escape
- Includes wild swimming rivers, secret beaches, canoeing, ancient woods, lost ruins, sunset hilltops, meadows, wildlife wonders, caves and sacred places
- Also includes farmers’ markets, local food, micro-breweries, ancient pubs and places to stay, such as campfire campsites, houseboats, treehouses and shepherd huts
Where the wild things are…
- Secret beaches
- Wild swimming locations
- Wild camping
- Ancient woodlands and hollow trees
- Wildlife spectacles
- Lost ruins and hidden castles
- Follies, caves and caverns
- Sunset hillforts and lookouts
- Treehouses, gypsy caravans & campfire campsites
- The best wild accommodation
- Best local and artisanal food producers
- Micro-breweries and cider makers
About the authors
Lucy Grewcock is an award-winning adventure travel writer from the Nene Valley and Sussex.
Elsa Hammond was brought up in Kent and recently returned from an Pacific Ocean solo rowing adventure.