Want to join us on a Wild Summer – full of wild camping, wild swimming, canoe adventures, hidden beaches, woodland, foraging, wildlife wonders, and exploring lost ruins?
Summer is our favourite time of the year. We can’t wait to throw ourselves into outdoor adventures – exploring hidden places and enjoying the good life with wild swimming, canoe outings, exploring lost ruins, discovering nature and wild camping.
We’ve created a check-list of wild summer challenges for you to try – how many can you complete?
Rivers, Lakes and Waterfalls:
1. Dance naked in the rain
2.Take a moonlit swim
3. Swing on a rope-swing
4. Make a skimming stone bounce five times
5. Make a raft and travel half a mile on it
6. Skinny dip in a remote place
7. Make a dam in a stream from stones, leaves and mud, and then knock it down again
8. Follow a river from source to sea
9. Walk behind a waterfall
10. Go canoeing for the first time
When you complete a challenge, share your wild summer photographs with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Each week throughout the summer we’ll pick our favourite #wildsummer pictures and award £100 in book vouchers to be spent at the Wild Things bookshop.
1. the hashtag #wildsummer
2. a link back to our competition page: www.bitly.com/1CNlG3B